Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Saint's Alp Teahouse

39 3rd Ave., New York, NY 10003
(between 9th St. & Bowery)
http://www.saintsalp.com.hk/

Part of a Hong Kong chain, Saint's Alp offers a wide variety of bubble tea along with a full food menu. I haven't eaten their food, but their menu looks good.

Today I ordered: Grapefruit Nectar with Citron Agar
(I got the jumbo size, which is the largest size, but not that jumbo, about 16 oz.)

  • Taste: It tasted exactly like grapefruit, not to sweet, not too bitter and it was ice blended. LUV.
  • Jelly: the citron agar was pretty good, i don't know if it was very citrus tasting, but it was slightly sweet. Firmer than fiber crystals.
  • Price: $4.50, for NYC, this place is reasonably priced. Their small sizes are around $3.50, so not a bad deal.

I thought this drink was very refreshing. I was glad it had jellys instead of regular bubbles. I think the starch of the bubbles wouldn't have been as nice with the grapefruit flavor as the jellys were. I have also tried other flavors at Saint's Alps. Their almond milk and taro milk bubble teas are also delicious. Try them hot too, even yummier.

4 out of 5 Bubbles

No comments: