Friday, December 23, 2011

Hawaii Juice Factory - Shirokiya

Upper Floor of Shirokiya
Ala Moana Shopping Center
1450 Ala Moana Blvd
Honolulu, HI 96814
http://www.yelp.com/biz/hawaii-juice-factory-honolulu

This place is great, always a go-to for me when I am at Ala Moana.

I ordered: Papaya Bubble Tea

  • Taste: delicious and creamy real papaya flavor
  • Bubbles: amazing chewiness and good taste
  • Price: $5 for their only size - huge 24 oz

The best thing about this place is that all their bubble teas are made smoothie style with real fruit. They definitely make the best papaya bubble tea I have ever had. For some reason it is hard to find real fruit papaya in most bubble tea places. The papaya powder or syrup is just never the same as the real thing. This place also makes Snow Ice (Shave Ice's crazy cousin). They also have so many options to choose from: lychee, strawberry, guava, avocado, coconut.... It is a bit pricey at $5 but you get a huge real fruit smoothie which for me is a meal in itself. The consistently good quality and flavor variety is definitely worth it. I have never been disappointed by this place. 

Other flavors I recommend:
mango, green tea, coffee, strawberry, banana, lychee

Tip: don't forget to ask for their stamp card. Buy 10 get the next one free.

5 out of 5 Bubbles

No comments: