Saturday, December 17, 2011

Bubbles and Buffalo

In Buffalo, NY for a few days. Visiting the bf's family. I've been here a few times before and I have come to realize if you are a bubble tea "connoisseur," like myself, then Buffalo just isn't the best place for you.

I have only come across 2 places here that sell bubble tea, so there aren't that many options.


Bingo's Dim Sum / Bubble Tea House
3202 Sheridan Dr
Buffalo, NY 14226
http://www.yelp.com/biz/bingos-dim-sum-house-buffalo

I guess this place is ok, for buffalo. Nothing very special about their bubble tea, just typical powders and syrups. Honestly I only went there last winter break, so i don't remember everything about it. From what I hear it is pretty much the same. Their dim sum was ok too, it isn't a real dim sum place where they come around with everything already on carts. That is their main drawback.

2.5 out of 5 Bubbles



Tea Leaf Cafe
4224 Maple Rd
Amherst, NY 14226

Now this place is newer to Buffalo. It is right next to the AMC movie theaters so its location isn't bad.

I ordered: Hot Japanese Green Tea Milk Tea

  • Taste: very nice, traditional green tea flavor, slightly sweet but not too much
  • Bubbles: good texture and the taste was pretty good
  • Price: $3.50 for 16oz. size

This place is really cute and has lots of tables and leather couches to sit at. They also serve a variety of regular teas, smoothies, and desserts. This is probably the best place for bubble tea in Buffalo. They also have many flavors to choose from so you will definitely find something for every palate.

4 out of 5 Bubbles

If I was in the mood for bubble tea I would definitely got to Tea Leaf Cafe over Bingo's.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The dim sum house closed not too long ago apparently so now i guess theres only one boba place :( its a shame. My friend and i wanted to try some and me being in canada i have no clue where to get it. My friend was in buffalo and i wanted to recommend her to that place. :( shell have to go to the other one i guesss :I