Monday, June 4, 2012

HP Drinks

On vacation in Orlando I visited Universal's Islands of Adventure where the Wizarding World of Harry Potter is located. I tried butterbeer and pumpkin juice there.

Butterbeer (left) and Pumpkin Juice (right)

Butterbeer
I am rather indifferent towards HP, I find LOTR to be much better. However, I was surprised by how much I liked butterbeer. Butterbeer tastes like cream soda topped with a thick and sweet butterscotch cream. It is sweet but just as sweet as any soda. They offer a unfrozen and frozen versions for $3.25 and $4.25 respectively. The unfrozen one is carbonated but I think the frozen one is better and less sweet. 


Pumpkin Juice
I thought I would like pumpkin juice more than butterbeer, but I wasn't a huge fan. It tasted like apple cider with extra pumpkin spice flavorings. I thought the pumpkin juice had too much added flavoring and I couldn't drink too much. You can get the pumpkin fizz too which is just a carbonated version of the juice.

Just a short post now, more to come about my time in Orlando...

No comments: