Thursday, June 14, 2012

Epcot

On my vacation in Orlando I went to Walt Disney World's Epcot park. I have to say I love the World Showcase portion of Epcot. I completely buy into the constructed authenticity of each country. For those unfamiliar with Epcot here is the website. The main thing I enjoy about Epcot is all the food offered in each country. When I go to Epcot, it is to eat.

Mexico
There are some great margaritas, nachos, and typical Mexican fair. You can learn about tequila and buy lots of handmade Mexican crafts.
Passion fruit Margarita



Norway
In this country there is a Norwegian bakery and a crazy viking boat ride. Here we tried an almond pretzel which was more like a flaky pastry in the shape of a pretzel. It was delicious.
Norwegian Bakery
Almond Pretzel
Troll
China
I think China has the worst options food wise. It is basically the same kind of things you'll get from a cheap Chinese take-out place. There is a huge gift shop and a nice pond.














Germany
Mmm Germany has some delicious sausages with sauerkraut and there is a wine section where you can taste different German wines. 


Italy
Italy also has a lot of wine to offer along with some Italian restaurants. Instead of going to the restaurants I just got gelato, delicious.
Gelato


Japan
There are a few small food stands but Japan mainly has sit down restaurants. Japan definitely has the best shop. It is huge with all sorts of Japanese snacks, ceramics, and even anime stuff.











Morocco
There is great food and ambience in this section. It is so pretty. The hummus, pita, meats, and veggies are very delicious.




France
France is very picturesque with lots of cute shops and a great little bakery.


United Kingdom
The UK has a great little pub that serves fish and chips along with other British cuisine. There was a real Brit with me at Epcot and he even approved of the quality of the fish and chips. 
fish & chips

Scotch egg



Epcot also has an America and Canada section but I didn't really spend time in either.

No comments: