Saturday, July 7, 2012

Cafe de Tim

1120 Maunakea St.
Honolulu, HI 96817

Inside Chinatown's Maunakea Marketplace in the outside courtyard area.

I ordered: green tea soy milk slush

  • Taste: creamy matcha green tea flavor, well blended 
  • Boba: Chinese black tea taste, soft and chewy
  • Price: $3.50 for a huge 24 oz. size

This was a delicious bubble tea. The strong tea flavor of the boba added something extra to the drink. I also tried their coffee flavor too. It has a very strong espresso taste which I love.

The one thing I didn't really like was that their menu wasn't very clear. There are a lot of different drinks. Some with boba and some with jellys. I'm not sure if they charge extra for adding things to the drinks on their menu. It isn't very clear, but I'm sure you'll enjoy whatever you end up with. They also have egg puffs and fresh sugar cane juice.

Menu
Cafe de Tim is super cheap for the huge size you get. I would also reccomend trying Thang coffee & bubble tea right next door. It is almost the same as Cafe de Tim, but I think they specialize more in real fruit bubble teas. You can get hard to find flavors such as soursop, durian, and avocado.

I will definitely be coming back to these places whenever I'm in Chinatown. You can't beat these prices.

4.5 out of 5 bubbles

No comments: