Friday, March 2, 2012

Vivi Bubble Tea

49 Bayard Street
New York, NY 10013
http://www.yelp.com/biz/vivi-bubble-tea-new-york

Super kawaii shop tucked away in the heart of Chinatown.
















There is a large Homer Simpson figure outside, so you can't miss it!

Today I ordered: Grapefruit Pulp Tea with bubbles

  • Taste: real ruby red grapefruit flavor, even pulp inside! Good balance of sweet citrus flavor and tea.
  • Boba: very nice, slightly sweet with the right amount of chewiness.
  • Price: small-16oz. $3.50, large-20oz. $4.50 (Today there was a special deal for the large size at the price of the small!)

Hands down, my favorite bubble tea shop in NYC. Super cute store, with plenty of options, and great prices. There is just so much I love about this place.

The Menu:
Lots of great milk tea, fruit tea, yogurt drink, and slush flavors. Vivi also has several boba options including: tapioca, pudding, lemon jelly, herb jelly, and azuki (red bean). They even offer a few snack items such as popcorn chicken, takoyaki, and corn dogs.

The Prices:
All of their regular drinks are only $3 for a small and $4 for a large. I got one of their specialty drinks, which are only a little more.This is such a great price for NYC. Plus Vivi has a great stamp card. You only need 5 stamps to get a free bubble tea. (Success, today I got my 5th stamp!) Additionally, when you fill your stamp card you become a VIP customer. This entitles you to a 20% discount! Whaaaaat? Amazing, I know. This has to be the best bubble tea deal in the city.

The Store:
How can you not love this place. There is a life-size Homer Simpson figure outside! How crazy is that? All their menus and posters are very eye-catching. Vivi's cute skull mascot is adorable. I love the many different faces. All of the employees are dressed so cute too. I love their hats and pink aprons. Even though there are many other bubble tea shops in Chinatown, Vivi is definitely my favorite.

My recommendations:
Vivi's passion fruit slush is the best I've ever had. They put in some of the seeds, which is awesome. (If you've ever eaten fresh passion fruit then you know what I mean.) Their basic green and black milk teas are also great.

5 out of 5 Bubbles

Update:
Vivi no longer has their stamp card. Booo.

No comments: